NHS ServicesWe are proud to offer a full range of NHS treatments. Patients may be exempt from paying for NHS treatments. Such exemptions include:
- • children under the age of 18
- • Students ages 18 in full time education
- • Expecting mothers and those with a valid maternity exemption
- • Patients in receipt of Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance
- • Those with a valid HC2 certificate amongst other exemptions.
- • Please go to www.nhs.uk to see the full list of exemptions. We ask that our patients bring proof of their exemptions during their visits at the practice. NHS Detal Services fall under 3 categories. Your dentist will perform a thorough examination and inform you of which band your treatment falls under.
Band 1 dental treatment: £22.70
This covers 1 or more treatments (as many as are necessary) from the following list:
- • a full clinical examination, assessment and report including any required x-rays
- • A scale to remove any tartar build up.
- • Preventative advice and treatment
- • Emergency treatment (when you need to see a dentist immediately) also costs £22.70.
Band 2 dental treatment: £62.10
This includes all Band 1 treatments and the following:
NHS Fillings, extractions, root canal treatments
- A• dvanced gum treatment
- • Addition of teeth to an existing den.
Band 3 dental treatment: £269.30This includes all Band 2 treatments and the following:
- • Crowns, bridges or dentures
- • Custom made laboratory appliances
We reserve a number of emergency appointments each day which are available on a first come basis. The cost of an emergency appointment is £22.70 regardless of the treatment performed. The Out of Hours emergency number is: 0161 337 2246 for any emergencies when the surgery is closed. For more information about NHS dental care please visit www.nhs.uk